Monday, May 16, 2011

Life Update In the Form of Positives.

I don't know who originated this "positives' thing...but I have been reading it for a while over at Miss Sarah's Lunatic Express (I added the Miss Sarah part). I've seen it around in a couple of other places, like the Sanguine Saturday at Dialectic Dichotomy. The big wedding of my friend is over. I saw a new therapist today. I have a new job, albeit at the same office for the same company. I hope I'm turning over a new leaf. I think a good way to talk about it without having a loooong drawn out bit of prose is with these:
 
Success Stories
- I overcame phone call anxiety got a new therapist and saw her today.
- My friend's wedding went off without any major issues and was beautiful and fun.
- I was able to re-negotiate to take the editorial position at my work and now I don't have to sell advertising anymore.

Gratitude/Happy Things
- My boyfriend was wonderfully supportive, sociable, kind and overly helpful the entire wedding weekend, including nursing me during my post-wedding hangover yesterday.
- I had some in-depth conversations with a longtime girl-friend (also bridesmaid), we expressed our mutual affection and are going to spend more time together.
- This song by The Avett Brothers. It's happy and sweet.

Challenges
- Work is still very busy and over-scheduled and I still feel overwhelmed by it.
- My house is a wreck and I'm having trouble focusing on cleaning it. 
- My therapy is very expensive and I will have to set a real budget because my insurance won't pay.



Wish my back patio looked like this. One day?




5 comments:

  1. wonderful post! it's good to hear about happy things in your life. that patio's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post and thank you for the mention! Oh and I have to set the record straight though, the postivity came from Chysalis from Dialectical Dichotomy, I copied from her when she sent out a challenge to everyone to come up with out own, but I prefer her style because it works so well. I am glad that it is working for you, ain't it fun to come up with the list :)
    *hugs*
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chrysalis rather, I can't spell. Did I spell it right then :-/

    ReplyDelete