Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I'm glad you fellows liked the somewhat - positive post.

Let's do it again.

Success Stories:
- I ALMOST got my to-do list at work done today.
- I decided to take the time to stop at my favorite coffee shop for a coffee and bagel and to read and blog instead of forcing myself to go straight to the grocery store/errand after work.

Gratitudes/Happy Things:
- They are playing Sufjan Stevens at the coffee shop; I haven' heard the album in a while and it reminds me of my old friend in a happy way. I just caught myself singing This aloud. Woops.
- It's a really, really nice afternoon instead of being stormy or cold or rainy as it has been.
- I have nothing on my schedule for this weekend except a little afternoon party on Sunday.

Challenges/Cheerleading:  (or, concerns and possible hopeful solutions?)
-I haven't been sleeping well the last 2 nights because of anxiety, but tonight is another opportunity to get back into a better routine.
-My house still looks like a BOMB exploded. Really. I'm not exaggerating this time. I would like to take a few minutes each day for the rest of the week to get it cleaned up by the weekend.

I found a link to this at Poppytalk. It reminds me of the sign I made for above my dorm-room bed during my difficult freshman year of college, which said "__ is a great place to be and you like it."
I was trying for the positive reinforcement. It took a few more yrs to sort of settle in.

3 comments:

  1. I like your positives and especially the one where you were singing out loud. That shows you were comfortable and happy at the time, so that is nice. I like the photo too :)
    *hugs*
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi M - just wanted to let you know that you are the proud winner of a copy of Panic Planet. It was selected by Andy at random. Let me know your address details and I'll post it to you. Email me at sabby120@netspace.net.au... congrats!
    *hugs*
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete