Monday, May 30, 2011

A bit unplugged

That's how I felt this week. Unplugged meaning, I didn't check my voice mail or my email (other than necessary work stuff). I went on a 2-day business trip with a coworker and my boss...it was a strange and tiring experience, and we did not have internet access in our hotel. I have also been mostly unplugged from my blog and my facebook...but here I am, at the waning end of a 3-day weekend and I'm trying to catch up.

I love taking pictures with my iphone. Like everyone else in the world, of course. I wanted to share a few I've taken recently.

I don't live in Joplin, Missouri but my area did experience some nasty weather for a few weeks. My street was blocked by this major tree issue here.

Again, like everyone else on the planet, I love taking pictures of my food. Especially colorful food. And then, the photo reminds me of the experience I had.

I made this smaller because it's not that special. But it's my Post-It Note garden at my work office. It kind of looks like my brain, colorful but disorganized. And poorly lit.

Forget $800 popcorn and Skittles. My friends and I sneak in grocery-store baked goods and beer into the movies in our enormous purses. Bridesmaids was an excellent flick, if not vulgar.

These are my babies. Better late than never. Basil, Mint, Bell Pepper, JalapeƱo Pepper, Yellow Summer Squash, Rosemary and Tomato. I'm missing cilantro and parsley.

Yesterday a friend introduced me to Pho. It was big, it was healthy, it was vegetablely and tofu-y and I didn't really know how to eat it. It was so satisfying and hydrating in a way that made me feel like it would make me feel better if I was sick.

After I ate for about 20 minutes, my bowl still seemed full. 

2 comments:

  1. your babies look great! i love your collection of containers.

    one time years ago i tried sneaking two smoothies into a movie theater, and one of them totally gushed all over the inside of my bag. my friend ran to the bathroom and came back with an armful of toilet paper rolls to clean it up. it was too hilarious to be upset about. it never occurred to us to bring baked goods, that's a fun idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Pho (I work in Chinatown but there seem to be all kinds of Asian-themed restaurants around us and we get pho a lot).

    Thanks for stopping by my post about tomatoes. I would have commented on your most recent post but didn't want to seem like an a--hole for writing about tomatoes on a post where you're talking about your rough week! It seems trite to say"I hope you have a better week," but I do. I hate days when everything goes wrong, and it's all little things that snowball into one craptastic day.

    Also, your garden looks great and I wish I had friends who tried to bring pastries into the movies.

    ReplyDelete