Tuesday, March 1, 2011

very, very bad luck

I mentioned that I just bought an iphone about 3 days ago, signed a brand-new 2-year contract.
Today I get an email from my corporate office saying that the company is going to be providing us with iphones & plans for free.

REALLY?! Is this happening?!

I am already going to have to pay about $400 in termination fees (didn't realize it was $200 per line) on my old T-Mobile phone plan, plus the upstart cost of my new plan with AT&T. I have been really, really excited about this iphone, and it's already making my life easier. Something good, right? Something positive?

Now I found out that the company is going to stop giving us stipends unless we basically sell them our phone number. I just changed the number I've had for nearly 8 years so I could have an iphone, and now I'm going to have to give it up AGAIN so my company will pay for it...or, I'm going to have to basically have 2 phones and pay fully for one of them and not use the other, because the plan is REQUIRED.

I can't believe this. Thousands of dollars, wasted. I have been so happy about this new phone, and proud of me and J's phone situation straightened out after months of annoyance. So, of course, something ridiculous and completely out of the blue happens immediately afterwards. I feel like these things ALWAYS happen to me. Like there's always something that kills my joy. I know it's just a phone, and people are dying and suffering with "real" problems in the world...but this was a small victory in my life that has been squashed by...the universe.

3 comments:

  1. These things sure do suck completely. I recently found out that my mobile internet company that I have been waiting for my plan to run out so that I could get rid of it, ran out last May and they didn't tell me. I was furious about it. I thought they would have called to try and offer me a better deal. I am lucky I got out of that but it still pissed me off. I think your situation is much much worse though. I think these big companies just don't care about us little people. I hope it does get better soon.
    ~Sarah~

    ReplyDelete
  2. damn, that is shitty. i'm so sorry. i hate wasting money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no... :o(

    What's the possibility that you could keep your phone for personal stuff... and use the work one for business?? Will your employer allow you to use your work iphone for personal business??

    Maybe that is a solution...

    ~shoes~

    ReplyDelete